Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Mya and Momma Mya

I recently purchased a new release from Made for Mermaids and I absolutely love it.  I got the bundle deal for the new Mama Mya and Mya Pattern during the initial release and got both the little girls version as well as the womens version at an amazing price so I can make fun matching sets for both me and Kallie.  I started off with this set and Kallie was beyond ecstatic that we matched.  It truely is a great pattern. The fit is nice and loose so its very forgiving and i didn't even need to add length, which is rare for me.   With so many options, my biggest problem is deciding which version to make.   All I know for sure is that I will be making a ton of these.  I did trim down the sides on this top to make it not as loose at the hips as the original and trimmed down the curved hem, it seemed a little severe on my slimmer frame and felt more like a nightgown, but that only adds to the different versions I can now  make.  Unless I'm testing, its pretty rare for me to leave a womens pattern as originally designed.  I just prefer to personalize them to fit me the way I like.  But its important to have a great base pattern to start with and this pattern fits that to a t.  As for the girls version, I changed absolutely nothing.  Its perfect, absolutely perfect just the way it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment