Friday, July 15, 2016

Hello Barcelona!!!


This past month a personal dream came true.  I got to test a pattern for Peek-a-boo Patterns!  I can't believe it.  I've admired her patterns for so long and love making them but to actually get to test for her was amazing!  You can tell that she truly cares as a designer and wants everything perfect.  She was there sewing shirts right along with us and pushed the release out because it wasn't up to her high standards yet.  As a sewer, I appreciate that so much!  I hate buying a pattern and then finding design problems right off the bat.  Your money is hard earned and Peek-a-boo Patterns really seems to care about making sure what you buy is perfect.



Now on to the glory that is the Barcelona Blouse...  Isn't she lovely?  Its designed for lightweight apparel fabrics with the option to use lightweight knits on the bottom part.  I chose Swiss Dots fabric on both of mine and love them.  They're so light and airy in this miserable summer heat.


With the gathering in the front, this top is so forgiving to our hard earned mom bellies, squishy hips and that pint of chocolate ice cream that I may or may not have finished off all by myself last night.  It magically is loose and airy while still having a great shape that is far from feeling like a potato sack like some tops.


The tulip sleeves are such a nice touch and really make the whole top in my opinion but there is also a sleeveless option for those that prefer it.



The lovely Miss. Barcelona will be on sale through Friday evening so don't miss out on this wonderful pattern!

1 comment:

  1. I really really love both your tops so much! looks like I'm getting this pattern.

    ReplyDelete